Weather Wordage...3

A debris flow is unfortunately a term many ARE familiar with in this area.

"a debris flow (commonly known as a mudslide) is a moving mass of loose mud, sand, soil, rock, water and air that travels down a slope under the influence of gravity."  On the other hand, a "landslide"  could be defiined as the "downward sliding of a relatively dry mass of earth and rock". (One difference here being the amount of water involved , but not necessarily).... to review debris flow hazards and what to do if you think one may imminently happen , read the  brochure put out on the RDCK website regarding this.